If you want to succeed in business, you will need to be creative, exceptionally, and remarkably at it. This is one of the most potent business leadership tools that will help you to guide the people down the line to and through the right path to success.
However, most people, especially business owners, believe that leadership and creativity are two opposing traits while it is actually not, but instead, these two things are linked intrinsically. In this modern world of business, most of these trod on an indeterminate landscape, and therefore, to succeed, one has to have a creative vision. This will enable them to think outside the box to build the most effective business strategy.
Historically, in the professional spectrum, most of the people thought that:
- Creativity and leadership are positioned at opposite ends and
- Each of these led to entirely different career trails based on the specific strengths of the person.
However, over time, lots of researchers have found clear and increasing evidence that revealed the connection between the two. Studies also showed that creativity is not just limited to the writers, people of art, and designs. Instead, it is an immensely powerful and useful tool for business leaders of today.
Benefits of being creative
Table of Contents
There are lots of benefits when you implement creative ideas into your business strategy. You will be surprised to know that innovative business leaders often outdo their peers, according to a McKinsey study. The study shows that these leaders show better results in different aspects of business, such as:
- Identifying and analyzing the critical financial metrics
- Demonstrating performance level that is above average, if not excellent
- Gain more organic traffic to their site through Instagram auto likes and other social followers
- Have a higher conversion rate and sales prospects
- Ensure more organic revenue growth
- Provide higher return to their shareholders and
- Increase the net enterprise value.
No doubt, being creative has now become one of the most critical leadership skills in business.
In order to be a creative leader, you will, however, have to know that it is necessary to consider the type of environment your business is operating in. In these times, most of the companies and their entire workforces face different challenges. They are busy navigating the ways to deal with the automation and disruption in the best possible way.
In this increasingly competitive and indefinite business landscape of today, it is you’re your intuitive randomness and creativity rather than AI that is important. This feature and attribute in you will help you as well as your present and future workforces to:
- Control your business operation and gain the benefits of technology, rather than being outdone or replaced by it and
- Drive your entire workforce to deal with the challenges that are existing and may come up down the line with better assumptions and innovation.
This means that your creative leadership will help you to turn those challenges into your business opportunities in a much easier and more productive manner.
Developing leadership creativity
Therefore, being creative and using this mindset in leadership will ensure business success, providing it with a competitive edge with challenges turned into opportunities, but developing such a skill needs a few things to consider.
- First, you will need to make a few small and simple changes and adopt specific practices and behaviors. Without this, you will not be able to develop creativity in you as a business leader.
- Secondly, you must first address your feelings and curiosity, no matter how small it is. You can do this by asking yourself a few questions and further investigating the answers you receive. Such results will help you to solve issues in the future and will also influence your decisions.
- Next, you will need to make new connections with people coming from different backgrounds, cultures, and temperament. This will not only increase your exposure but will also allow you to look into issues related to the workforce from different angles and points of view. This will undoubtedly help you in making creative decisions of high quality.
Lastly, if you are into a consumer-driven business, your experimental attitude will help you a great way to be creative in your business leadership and approach. Your willingness to experiment will provide you with newer and better ideas that will be tried and tested to discover new opportunities that may have missed otherwise. Most importantly, you should always be ready to take calculated risks.
Time management principles
Another good thing about being a creative business leader is that you will be able to manage your time as well as that of your workforce in the best possible way. You will come to know about the new time management principles that all leaders of tomorrow follow.
If you can manage time in the best possible way, it will surely be a game-changer. Proper management of time will eliminate the chances of:
- You and your employees being stressed out
- Get things done within the set time frame and
- Have more time to invest in other areas that counts.
Time management is most important in today’s business scenario because there is a more significant digital distraction that results in the shortest attention spans. If you have more time, you can have an increased connection with your customers as well as have the line between home and work life distinct.
Tips for managing time
According to the new principles of time management, there are a few specific ways in which you can do it in the best possible way.
- Know your priorities and have the end in mind
- Break your entire time into different periods such as year, months, weeks, days and hours
- Map it to prioritize the outcomes
- Add a time dimension to every specific intended action
- Monitor the return on time for your efforts
- Follow the Pareto principle of achievements and time available ratio of 80:20
- Use technology at its best and as much as possible and
- Eliminate distraction.
All these management skills and your creativity will add to your performance as a business leader and expedite success.